Effective Date: April 1st, 2017
Bookogs is committed to complying with Privacy Shield Principles under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Additional information about the framework and principles can be found on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website (https://www.privacyshield.gov). See below for additional information on the types of information We collect, how We use it and to whom and when it is disclosed. Bookogs is liable for privacy violations committed by third parties to which it provides Your information as limited by Bookogs contractual agreements with those third parties. All personal data received from the EU will be subject to the Privacy Shield. If you have a privacy-related complaint, please complete our Privacy Complaint Form. Other privacy-related inquiries can be made to [email protected].
By using Bookogs’ Services, You consent to Bookogs’ use and disclosure of Your personal information, including any information that identifies You, directly or indirectly, including by reference to an identification number, to one or more factors specific to Your physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity, and data elements such as Your IP address, geolocation, and username and password (“Personal Information”) as described in this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
- When You register to use the Services, Bookogs collects certain Personal Information, Your username and e-mail address.
- When You register to sell items using the Services, Bookogs collects certain additional Personal Information, Your address and PayPal username to allow you to engage in transactions and make use of the Services.
- When You purchase items using the Services, Bookogs collects certain additional Personal Information, Your address. Bookogs does not collect or store any purchaser payment information, such as credit card information. Such information is provided directly to the seller by the purchaser with no interaction by or through Bookogs.
- If You send us an email with a question or support issue, we collect Your email address and other information You provide for the purpose of responding to Your question.
- We keep Your Personal Information as long as necessary to provide the Services to You and as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- If you decline to provide Bookogs with any Personal Information as described above, certain features of the Services will be unavailable to You.
Information We Store When You Access the Services
- Except as otherwise provided by this Policy, or when deleted or destroyed at your request, we typically maintain data and communications for a period of two years as is common in the industry.
We use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Provide the requested Services.
- Personalize the Services for You and to communicate with You.
- Send You emails from Bookogs.com and its sister websites (including, but not limited to,Bookogs.com, Filmo.gs, Biblio.gs, Comicogs.com, Vinylhub.com) which may include newsletters, relationship and transactional messages, and marketing promotions. These emails may be opted out of in Your notification preferences or from within the email messages themselves.
- We share information with third parties that act as an agent to perform tasks on Our behalf and under our instructions. This information is limited only to the information needed to perform the tasks.
- We may share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Our terms of service, or as otherwise required by law enforcement or national security requirements. We may also disclose information when requested to comply with a court order, investigation, or governmental request.
- We do not otherwise share Your information with any third parties.
- We do not provide or sell email addresses or collection/wantlist data to any third party.
- We do not provide or sell Your Personal Information or any other information You have provided to us to any third party for direct marketing or advertising purposes.
Limiting the Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Bookogs will provide You with notice in the event it intends to share Your information with a third party (other than as described above) or for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individuals. Prior to sharing such information, You will be provided with clear, conspicuous, and readily available mechanisms to opt out of such sharing.
In the event We collect sensitive information (i.e., personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or information specifying the sex life of the individual), We will obtain affirmative express consent (opt in) from You if we intend such information to be disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose other than those for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by You through the exercise of an opt-in choice.
We use the following security measures and technologies to protect Your data:
- Industry standard firewalls
- Encrypted data transfer over SSL
- Secure data backups
- Encrypted passwords
- Servers are located at secure locked facilities
- Despite our efforts, no security measure can be absolute, and there can be no guarantee that Your Personal Information will not be accessed through malicious means, inadvertent disclosure, or mistake. If Bookogs is the source of a breach, we will contact you and describe the breach, along with Bookogs’ mitigation actions. Where applicable, we will provide appropriate identity theft prevention and mitigation services at no cost to the affected person for not less than 12 months.
Personally-Identifiable Information Submitted by Children Under 13
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE PROVIDER SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If We determine that personally-identifiable information of children under 13 has been collected without verifiable parental consent, We will remove the information from the Services. If You are a parent or guardian and learn that Your child under 13 has created an account, You may contact us and request that the information be removed from the Services at [email protected].
Information Submitted by Minors under 18 in California
If You are a minor under the age of 18 residing in the state of California, You have additional rights under California law. You may request removal of any information or content You posted while under the age of 18. We cannot ensure that removal of information You provided to the Service will be complete or comprehensive but it will be complete and comprehensive on Our part. In addition, if at any time You delete Your account, we can guarantee complete removal of Your information from the Service.
The settings page allows You to:
- Choose how we communicate with You.
- Change Your personal information, including rectifying, removing, or blocking incorrect data about You.
- Set privacy preferences for Your collection and wantlist.
- Manage Your email messaging preferences.
We don’t send spam and do not permit spam on Bookogs sites. We comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (US).
Public Groups & Forums
Information You post to the public areas of the Services (groups / forums / searchable database) is not private, and is not protected under this Policy. Please exercise caution when disclosing Your information in these areas. You acknowledge that others not covered by this Policy will have access to your public postings and We cannot be responsible for any subsequent use of data contained in your public postings.
Analytics & Display Advertising, Cookies
- The Google Analytics features we've implemented are based on Displayed Advertising (e.g., Remarketing). We use Remarketing with Google Analytics and Hivewyre to advertise online. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- If You would like to opt-out You may use certain browser add-ons. Bookogs’ Services will respect such browser settings as “do not track,” “private,” or the like from supported browsers. Opting out of receiving cookies or persisting cookies may affect certain functionality of the Services.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Data
You have a right to access Your personal data. To exercise this right, please submit a request to [email protected]. Bookogs may ask for additional information to confirm Your identity prior to releasing any information.
If You believe that Your privacy rights have been breached or that Your Personal Information has been compromised as a result of using Bookogs, please complete and submit the Bookogs privacy complaint form. In order to allow us to fully investigate Your complaint, please provide all details requested on the form. We will review Your complaint within 30 days of receipt and may request additional information from You to complete our investigation.
For complaints related to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please contact us at [email protected]
In the event that Bookogs is unable to resolve any complaint or dispute that You bring to its attention, You may contact an independent dispute resolution body free of charge. Bookogs has chosen JAMS as its independent recourse mechanism. You can file a claim with JAMS at the following website: https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim. In some cases, You may be able to invoke binding arbitration.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended terms on this site and notifying You of material changes to the Policy along with an opportunity to opt-out of any changes that decrease Your rights under this Policy. All non-material changes to our terms are effective on the effective date of this policy. We encourage You to review this Policy from time to time. By continuing to use the Services after being notified of a material change you will be deemed to have accepted the changes.
If you would like to review, suppress, delete, or update Personal Information that You have previously provided to Bookogs, please contact us through our support request form. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
In the event that Bookogs goes through a business transfer such as a consolidation, merger, restructuring, acquisition, or sale of part or all of Our assets, You acknowledge and consent to the transfer of Your information. You further acknowledge and consent to the continued use of Your information by the recipient following the transfer so long as they comply with this Policy. Bookogs is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission in connection with its Privacy Shield compliance.
You can contact us about this Policy via [email protected].